- Use chalk to draw any kind of hopscotch court.
- The first player hops up the court and back again, hopping in each space both up and back.
- On the first trip, he hops on his right foot.
- On the second trip, he hops on his left foot.
- On his third trip, he hops on alternating feet.
- On the fourth trip, he hops with his feet together.
- The player hops in this sequence until he makes a mistake like hopping on a line, putting both feet down when he?s supposed to be hopping on one foot, or hopping on the wrong foot, at which point he fouls out.
- The other players take turns hopping in the same way.
- When it's the first player's turn again, he starts hopping from where he fouled out on his last turn. The winner is the first player to finish the entire sequence of hops.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.