- Two suitcases or boxes
- Dress-up clothes (hats, scarves, jackets, skirts, pants, boots, and so on)
- Fill two suitcases or boxes with equal amounts of clothing. The clothes must be big enough to fit all the players.
- Place the suitcases or boxes at one end of the room.
- Divide the players into two equal teams. If there's an odd number of players, one player on the team with fewer players takes two turns.
- Have the teams form two lines at the end of the room opposite the suitcases.
- At the word go, the first player from each team runs to one of the suitcases or boxes and dons all the clothes in it over the clothes he's already wearing. Decide ahead of time whether buttons, zippers, and so on must be fastened.
- When a player is completely dressed, he then quickly removes all the dress-up clothes, puts them back in the suitcase or box, and runs to the end of his team's line.
- The next player then takes a turn and so on until everyone on the team has had a turn.
- The first team to finish wins.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.