Magazine Scavenger Hunt
- One old magazine per player
- One sheet of paper per player
- One pencil per player
- Before your trip, leaf through each magazine.
- For each magazine, make a list of fifteen objects pictured in it.
- Each list should be on a separate sheet of paper.
- During your trip, give each player a magazine and its corresponding list.
- Each player must look through her magazine, hunt for the objects on her list, and write down the numbers of the pages on which the objects are found.
- To determine a winner, you can either time the game for fifteen minutes and see who finds the most objects within that time or simply declare the first player who finds all her objects the winner.
- This game is great for players of different ages and abilities, because the lists can be tailored to the players.
- A younger player may want to mark the pages on which she finds objects by turning down their corners.
- Very young players can search for colors rather than objects.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.