- Deck of playing cards
- Deal the cards faceup into five rows of five cards each. The rows should not overlap.
- Remove all pairs of adjacent cards (cards next to each other horizontally, vertically, or diagonally) that match each other in number.
- Then close up the holes in the layout by moving cards to the left and up, keeping the cards in the same order in which they were dealt.
- Deal new cards faceup to fill out the bottom row(s), so you end up with five rows of five cards each again.
- Continue removing pairs, closing up holes, and dealing new cards until the entire deck has been dealt.
- The object of the game is to discard the entire deck in pairs.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.