- One pencil per player
- This game requires two players.
- One plays Xs; the other plays Os.
- Draw a tick-tack-toe grid (two vertical lines intersected by two horizontal lines to form nine equal spaces) on paper.
- The object of the game is to avoid claiming three spaces in a row.
- To start the game, one player writes her letter in the center space.
- The other player then writes her letter in any empty space.
- The players take turns claiming spaces in this way until one player (the loser) claims three spaces in any vertical, horizontal, or diagonal row.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.