- Four or five flat, circular, unbreakable objects (lids from milk jugs or baby food jars, plastic hockey pucks, checkers, and so on)
- Seat your child at the edge of a table with four or five flat, circular, unbreakable objects in front of him.
- If possible, use similar items rather than a mixture of objects.
- Ask your child to try to slide the objects one at a time toward the opposite end of table without sending them over the edge.
- Award points as follows: one point for coming within six inches of the edge, two points for coming within an inch of the edge, three points for touching the edge, and four points for hanging over the edge.
- How many points can your child win in five tries?
- If you like, have him play against a friend to see who gets the most points.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.