In this craft activity, children decorate a shirt with hand prints.
- T-shirt (solid color or white)
- Fabric or acrylic paint
- Large piece of cardboard
- Cut piece of cardboard so shirt can be stretched over it. This will prevent paint soaking through to the other side of the T-shirt.
- Put whatever paint color you want to use on a plate.
- Stick your hand in the paint then press your hand onto the shirt a couple of times until the hand print is faint.
- Do this as many times as you want with one color then switch to another color.
- Wash your hands and plate in between colors.
Note: You can also use feet for this project and print on rugs, aprons, or even a family wall hanging.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.