- Yarn or string
- 8-inch x 4-inch piece of cardboard
- Wind the yarn around the card about thirty times or until the yarn is about as fat as two fingers.
- Remove it from the card and tie a doubled wool strand around it and knot at the following locations:
- ½inch down from top
- 1 inch down from that for the bottom of the head
- Take one bunch on each side and tie about 1 inch down for the arms
- 2½ inches down from head for waist
- Divide the remaining yarn and tie for legs
- Trim hair, hands, and feet
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.