- 1 jar with screw-top lid
- Waterproof glue
- Wallpaper paste
- Paints (oil-based)
- Small toys, ornaments, miniature trees
If you can't get to the snow in the wintertime, make some of your own.
- Take the jar lid and glue small toys, ornaments, trees, etc., to the lid. Make sure you don't use a water based glue.
- Paint the back of the jar white or black to create a background for the snow storm. You can also paint a scenic background if you want.
- Once the paint is dry, fill the jar almost to the top with water and sprinkle in about a teaspoon of wallpaper paste and some glitter.
- Stir the mixture and allow it to settle.
- Screw the lid back on and turn the jar upside down and give it a shake.
- Enjoy your instant winter scene.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.