Tornado in a Bottle
- 2 clear plastic large soda bottles
- Food coloring (optional)
- Fill one of the bottles three-quarters full of water.
- Add a couple drops of food coloring.
- Invert the other bottle so that it sits on top of the first bottle with the openings together.
- Wind the tape tightly around the necks of the bottles so that no water can leak out. The top bottle should be securely balanced on top of the bottom bottle.
- Now, hold the bottles with two hands and swirl the water around.
- Turn upside down and watch what happens.
More on: Earth Science and Nature
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.