- Scissors, tweezers, liquid glue
- 3 dishes
- Old paintbrush to spread glue
- Scraps of fabric that match your room colors or favorite team
- Yarn, string, or ribbon
- Something to do collage on, like an old tabletop, bed headboard, frame, or just a cardboard box
- Liquid acrylic
- With scissors, cut up the fabric into small pieces and divide them into three dishes of pale, medium, and dark tones.
- Draw the shape you will be filling in (tropical fish, parrots, animals, and free designs work well).
- First, paint a small area with glue, then put the fabric pieces on a little bit at a time.
- You may want to rub over the top of the fabric with a piece of clean rag to make sure it is flat.
- Use the yarn, string, or ribbon for added decoration.
- When your project is completely dry you may wish to coat it with liquid acrylic.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.