- Round or square plastic or strong cardboard lid
- Nails of different sizes
The idea is to mount the nails close together so that when the wind blows the chimes, they jangle against each other.
- Tie a piece of string to the top of one nail.
- With the tip of the scissors, poke a hole through the lid and pull the string through the hole, then poke another hole and put the string back through the lid to tie to another nail.
- When all the nails have been added, tie three or four pieces of string spaced evenly around the edges of the lid and tie them together at the top to hang.
- Hang from a tree branch, over a doorway, or anyplace the wind will hit them.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.