Canvas Room Rug
- Piece of plain canvas (the size you want your rug)
- Acrylic paint
- Clear acrylic coating
- Hot glue gun or sewing machine
You may need someone to help you get the canvas rug ready to paint.
- Fold the edges of the rug over a half inch and press with a hot iron.
- Sew the edges with a sewing machine or use a hot glue gun.
- On a piece of paper, work out the design for the rug.
- Use crayons to experiment with color.
- When you are ready to begin, pencil the design onto the rug and begin painting when it looks right.
- After the paint is dry, cover the rug with a few coats of clear acrylic.
- Once the acrylic is dry, the rug can be sponged clean with soap and water.
- Walk on your new rug with pride.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.