- Metal taps bought at a dance supply store or metal bottle tops without the cork lining and short nails
- Pair of shoes with hard soles
- Fasten the metal taps following supplied directions or fasten the bottle tops with short nails, three of them in a triangular shape at the toe and two at the heel. Make sure the nails won't go through the sole of the shoe or the nails will cut your feet!
- Concrete, tiled, or wood floors make the best noises.
- Put the shoes on and experiment with different movements.
- Shake your body all over to get loosened up. Turn on some music you like and practice tapping your toe and heel with loose leg bones. Invent your own steps.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.