- String or tape
- One marker (plastic jug lid, bingo chip, or labeled slip of paper) per player
- Mark a starting line with string or tape.
- Have your child stand at the starting line and jump forward. Place a marker where he lands.
- Have him jump again. If his second jump is farther than his first, move the marker to the second landing spot; otherwise, leave the marker where it is.
- Have your child jump five times. Leave his marker at his farthest landing spot.
- Let each child have a turn jumping as described above.
- The child who jumps the farthest wins.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.