- Use chalk to draw any kind of hopscotch court.
- The first player hops up the court and back again on one foot, hopping in each space both up and back.
- If he does this without fouling out (hopping on a line or putting both feet down), he can claim any one space by writing his name on it with chalk.
- If he fouls out, his turn ends.
- The players take turns hopping and claiming spaces in the same way.
- A player must hop over spaces claimed by others, but he may hop with both feet in his own space.
- Play continues when all the spaces have been claimed, but at this point anyone who fouls out is out of the game.
- The game ends when only one player-the winner-remains.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.