- Music player and cassette, or CD, or radio
Aerobic dance is an enjoyable and energetic way to get fit.
- Choose some music that has a good clear beat and is rhythmic. The music you choose should last from 10 to 20 minutes.
- Start by walking in place to the music to warm up. If you do not know any dance moves, you can jog in place, jump forward and backward, hop on one foot and then on the other, and do jumping jacks.
- Put them all together in a sequence that you can repeat.
- Write it down later so you can remember it for next time.
- To learn new aerobic dance moves, you can watch an aerobic class on TV or ask your PE teacher at school.
- Continue to add variety and challenge to your aerobic routine and soon you will look forward to your afterschool aerobic dance session.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.