- 4 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup rice flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Baking tray, mixer, or hand beater
- Write messages of fortune on pieces of paper that might relate to things in your friend's lives.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease the baking tray well.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites for several minutes until they stand up in points.
- Stir in the rice flour, sugar, and salt and beat the mixture well for another two minutes.
- Add the melted butter and water, then beat everything together until the mixture is like thin cream.
- Put spoonfuls of the mixture on the baking tray leaving plenty of room between them.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the edges are turning brown.
- Lift one at a time off the cookie tray.
- Working as quickly as you can, put a message in the center and fold it.
- If the cookies start to harden put them back in the oven for a minute.
- Give them to your friends in secret .
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.