Car Washing and Detailing
- Plastic bucket
- Wool mitt or soft sponge
- Chamois cloth (optional)
- Window cleaner
- Soft cloths
- Vacuum cleaner
- Vinyl cleaner (optional)
- Close all windows and doors after making sure the hand brake is on.
- Rinse exterior of car with water and remove caked mud and dirt with a soft brush.
- Follow directions on car soap container or pour a few drops of detergent onto damp mitt or sponge.
- Soap and rinse the car a section at a time, starting with the rooftop and ending with the tires.
- Towel dry and then buff with chamois.
- Vacuum the inside floor coverings and seats.
- Wipe the vinyl with cleaner or a damp cloth.
- Clean windows, dials, and mirrors.
- Use toothbrushes to clean small, narrow spaces.
- Use a dry cloth to shine the chrome.
- Charge extra for waxing and polishing.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.