The more players in this game, the better! Before you play, learn the Tossup Topics jingle and its rhythmic accompaniment:
|(slap knees)||(clap hands)||(snap left hand)||(snap right hand)|
- The players sit in a circle on the floor.
- To begin, they recite the jingle together while slapping, clapping, and snapping as shown above.
- All the players continue to slap, clap, and snap as the first player declares a topic: for example, birthdays.
- The player to his left then must name something related to birthdays: for example, cake. Play continues around the circle.
- Each player must name something related to the topic during one slap-clap-snap-snap pattern. If a player is stumped or names something that's already been said, he must drop out.
- To resume the game, the remaining players recite the jingle again and declare a new topic.
- The last player remaining after all the others have dropped out is the winner.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.