Family Scavenger Hunt
The idea of a scavenger hunt is to find all the items on a list and return them to a designated place as quickly as possible. There are many ways to organize a hunt and many choices to make. You can play as individuals or on teams either inside the house or outside. Here are a few ideas to try:
- All items on the list are easily found in the backyard (they can be hidden before the party). Things like a red leaf, matchstick, old bottle or can, feather, etc.
- Each person or team is given a different list of items to find by asking people around the neighborhood.
- Alphabet huntmust find something for each letter of the alphabet.
- Indoor hunt where each person looks for things and checks them off their list when they find them without picking them up.
- Newspaper hunteach person is given a list of words, sentences, advertisements, or photographs that are to be cut out or circled in a newspaper.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.