National Parents' Day
Being a parent is hard work. It takes energy, time and lots of love! Parents need to see that their work is noticed, just like you do. Think of something special you could do for your Mom or Dad on Parents' Day (the fourth Sunday of every July) to say "Thank-you. I love you and appreciate all the things you do for me." Here are a few ideas:
- Breakfast in bed
- A note left on their pillow at night
- Tea or coffee brought to them anytime
- The laundry folded
- A younger brother or sister's room cleaned
- Flowers or branches put in vases around the house
- Call a family meeting and ask the children to say what they appreciate about their parents
- Volunteer to do something without being asked
- Clean out the car
- Give a big hug and say I love you
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.