- Pet shampoo
- Flea and tick shampoos
- Bath brush
- Hair brushes and combs
- Hair dryer
- Large tub
Dog and cat grooming is a good business if you like animals and you don't mind getting wet.
- First, make sure you have a secure area where dogs can be washed and rinsed.
- Remove burrs or knots before wetting.
- Follow the directions on the shampoo bottle and avoid getting shampoo in the animal's eyes, ears, and mouth.
- After rinsing thoroughly, pat with a towel and allow the dog to shake. Small dogs can be dried with a hair dryer on low temperature.
- Using a wide-toothed comb, comb the hair starting low and working towards the backbone.
- Finally, brush the coat in the direction of the natural fur lines.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.