Bike Photo Safari
- Bikes and bike helmets
- Digital cameras (one per team)
This party is a picture hunt on bicycles.
- Each team of two or three kids gets a safari clues list and a digital camera.
- The team must use the clue list and photograph the location or item they believe is correct within a determined time limit.
- When everyone returns, someone reviews the photos on each team's camera to see how many clues they fulfilled.
- Photographs of correct locations or items will be judged for artistic quality as well as accuracy.
- Award prizes in many different categories: most artistic, picture furthest off the clue list, most locations correct, etc.
- Parents and kids can work together to make a slideshow of their digital photos from the adventure, or kids can make an album or scrapbook of the printed images.
- The party continues with lunch or dinner to celebrate everyone's creativity in the safari.
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.