- Old toothbrush
- Dishcloth or paper towel
- Salt and vinegar (optional)
- Your child can practice cleaning coins with an old toothbrush and some soap and water.
- Fill a bowl with a small amount of water and place a few coins in the bowl. Your child will have fun brushing the coins with soap to make them look brand new.
- When the coins are as clean as your child can make them, dry them with a dishcloth or paper towel.
- For super-shiny coins, mix a small amount of salt and vinegar in a bowl. Drop the coins in and watch the tarnish fade. (If you do use vinegar, make sure your child does not get any in her eyes; soap is bad enough, but vinegar will really sting!)
More on: Crafts for Kids
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.