Illustrate Your Favorite Book
- Art materials
Remember those picture books you read as a child? Have you ever read a book with no pictures? Did you wish there were some? Here is an opportunity to illustrate one of your favorite books.
- Choose a book and open it to refresh your memory about the story and characters.
- Decide where illustrations would have been helpful.
- Now create your own.
- Use paper and pencil and do a rough draft.
- Color your illustration in with felt tip pens, paints, crayons, or colored pencils, or you might like to line it in black ink.
- Allow the illustration to dry.
- Fold it neatly and slip it inside the book at the right place.
- Next time you read your favorite book, you will be in for a pleasant surprise!
From 365 Smart After-School Activities by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. Copyright © 2005 by Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with Sourcebooks, Inc.
Buy the book at www.amazon.com.