- To begin the game, one player says, "I went to my grandmother's trunk, and I found a (coat)."
- The next player says, "I went to my Grandmother's trunk, and I found a (coat and hat)."
- The players continue to take turns, on each turn repeating the words already mentioned and adding a new word to the list.
- Start a new game when the list becomes too hard to remember.
- If you'd like to reinforce alphabet skills and make the list easier to remember, require the players to add words in alphabetical order (antique, book, coat, and so on).
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.