American Indian Heritage Month is observed every November in the United States. Learn about famous firsts by American Indians, read about the origins of American Indian Heritage Month, and view slideshows about American Indian life.
Notable American Indians
American Indian Tribes
History & Biographies
- American Indian Heritage Month Origins
- Notable American Indians
- Slideshow: Native American Life on the Great Plains
- Slideshow: Native American Tribes of the Great Plains
- Navajo Code Talkers
- Indian Wars
- American Indian Place Names
- American Indian War History Quiz
- Sacajawea Golden Dollar
- North American Natives
- National Museum of the American Indian
- Major Pre-Columbian Indian Cultures in the U.S.
Main American Indian Heritage Month page.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Did you know?
- Eight U.S. presidents were born British subjects.