- Empty egg carton
- Pen or marker
- Small food items (raisins, cereal, chocolate chips, candies)
- Write the numbers 1 to 12 on the individual sections of an egg carton.
- Have your child count out each number using small food items.
- Then have her fill the numbered section with the correct number of items.
- Once the sections are filled, work in reverse, having your child identify each number, count the pieces, then eat them!
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.