Papier-Mâché Disco Ball
- Large inflated balloon
- Newsprint or other paper
- Papier-mâché paste
- Small toys and candy
- Shiny paper or sparkly tissue paper
- Paints and glitter
- Start this project 4 or 5 days ahead of your dance party.
- Hang a big balloon from a string and cover it with many layers of paper and paste, leaving a hole about six inches in diameter at the top of the balloon, around the string.
- This will take several days to dry. When dry, pop the balloon and pour in toys and candy, then cover the opening with more paper and paste.
- Let dry again, then decorate the outside with shiny paper paper, paints, and glitter.
- At midnight, let the ball drop from the ceiling and break!