- 5 to 10 minutes
- Pieces of cooked spaghetti (for babies who are able to eat finger foods)
- Many babies will stick to this activity until they succeed. Place a few strands of the cooked spaghetti in front of the baby at the highchair or table.
- Let the baby experiment with picking up the pieces and eating them. If necessary, cut the pieces into sizes that can be easily swallowed.
- Cover the spaghetti with an inverted plastic bowl and let the child discover it.
- Pull your baby's two hands gently together and place a fistful of the spaghetti in them.
- Cut one piece of spaghetti into smaller pieces.
- Say, "Give me one," and slurp it up when it is put into your mouth.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.