Gifts for Back to School
Chunky Stamps are trademarked stamps made out of raised foam over a foam base. You can use these stamps with poster paint, craft paint, fabric paint, or stamp pads to create vivid designs. These stamps differ from rubber stamps in that they are much cheaper, they're easier for kids to use and clean up, and they can create simple designs with a variety of mediums. There are other trademarked names for these stamps, but I like the quality and design of the Chunky Stamps.
Kids will love this personalized pen and pencil case that'll keep their book bag clean and protect their pens and pencils at the same time.
Time frame: One to two hours
Level: Moderately easy
What you need:
- Foam lizard stamp (for a boy) or flower (for a girl)
- Black, green, pink, and yellow craft paints
- Acrylic pencil box
- Packs of crayons, pens, pencils
- For a boy's box, paint the lizard stamp green and stamp it onto the acrylic box in the right-hand corner. For a girl's box, paint the flower pink with a yellow center and a green stem and stamp it onto the right-hand corner. Allow this to dry.
- Using a fine-tipped brush and black paint, paint the child's name on the box.
- Fill the box with crayons, pens, pencils, erasers, and so on.
More on: Back to School
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Making Great Gifts © 2001 by Marilee LeBon. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's web site or call 1-800-253-6476.