Bird in the Cage
Activity for an individual child
Age group: 30-40 months
Duration of activity: 1 hour
- Small toy bird, bought or homemade
- White craft glue
- Small bowl
- Yarn or twine
Your child will love finding the bird in the cage. You might help your child make his own bird out of clay to use for this craft. Remember to collect and dispose of broken balloon pieces, which can be a choking hazard.
- Help your child insert the bird into the balloon.
- Inflate and tie the balloon.
- Mix the water and glue to form a thick liquid.
- Show your child how to dip pieces of yarn into the glue mixture. Have him let the excess glue drip off and then wrap the yarn around the balloon.
- Encourage him to cover about 75 percent of the balloon.
- When the glue is dry, pop the balloon. What will remain is the bird in the cage.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
From The Everything Toddler Activities Book Copyright © 2006, F+W Publications, Inc. Used by permission of Adams Media, an F+W Publications Company. All rights reserved.
To order this book go to Amazon.