My Own Jewelry
- 10 to 20 minutes
- Plastic straws
- This personal jewelry is fun to make. Wrap the end of a string with a piece of tape so it is slightly smaller than the hole in the straw.
- Cut the straws into pieces from 1/2 to 1 inch in length.
- Tie the string around the first piece and string on the remainder, leaving enough string to tie the ends together.
- Use thick elastic string for stretchable necklaces, bracelets, and anklets.
- Hang lengths of string as decoration.
- Make matching jewelry for a stuffed animal or doll.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.