Torn Tissue Design
- Tissue paper
- White glue
- White poster board
- Acrylic polymer (optional)
- Synthetic paintbrush (optional)
- Have your child tear various colors of tissue paper into large pieces.
- Brush white glue thinned with water onto the back of each piece and arrange them on a piece of white poster board.
- Show your child how to create new colors by overlapping two pieces of different tissue paper; yellow over red makes orange, light blue over pink makes purple, and so on.
- To give a nice sheen to the finished product, coat it with an acrylic polymer using a synthetic paintbrush (available at an art supply store).
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright Â© 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.