Painted Pasta Jewelry
An Imagination Station Activity
Age: 3 and up
Time: An hour or more
Type of Activity: Arts and crafts
This colorful project is a great way to wile away a rainy afternoon.
What to do:
- First decide what piece of pasta jewelry you want to make -- bracelet, necklace, belt, or anklet -- and measure a piece of yarn two inches longer than you'll need.
- Decide which pasta shapes will fit together well on the length of yarn. Try to vary the shapes for an interesting design.
- Paint the pasta shapes and let them dry thoroughly on newspaper.
- After the pasta is dry, string together the pieces with the needle and yarn.
- Tie the ends off with a bow.
- You may want to spray the jewelry with a light coat of hairspray to prevent the paint from running if the pasta gets sticky or wet.
- Allow the pasta dry again, then have a jewelry fashion show display your amazing creations!
More on: Crafts for Kids