- Cardboard tube or baby bottle
- Papier-mâché paste
- Newsprint or other paper
- Colored tissue paper or paint
- For this project you will need a cardboard tube large enough in diameter to slip over your child's hand.
- Cut one- or two-inch pieces of the tube and cover them with layers of paper and paste.
- Finish with brightly colored strips of tissue paper or paint.
- Or, instead of using a cardboard tube, use a bottle with the appropriate diameter (baby bottles work well).
- Grease or powder the bottle, then start with molding a layer of newsprint around the bottle.
- Add a layer of heavier construction paper for strength, then add an additional six layers of papier-mâché
- Remove the bracelet from the bottle and finish with paint or strips of tissue paper.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright Â© 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.