- Large inflated balloon
- Newsprint or other paper
- Papier-mâché paste
- Small toys and candy
- Crepe paper or tissue paper
- This is a great project to make for a birthday party or other special occasion.
- Hang a big balloon from a string and cover it with many layers of paper and paste, leaving a hole about six inches in diameter at the top of the balloon, around the string.
- This will take several days to dry. When dry, pop the balloon and pour in toys and candy, then cover the opening with more paper and paste.
- Let dry again, then decorate the outside with fringed crepe paper or paints.
- Have the children try to break the piñata by taking turns swinging at it with a toy baseball bat or golf club.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright Â© 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.