- Leaves in different shapes and sizes
- Masking tape
- Tempera paint (orange, yellow, red, and brown), liquid
- On a fall walk with your child, collect several different types and colors of leaves.
- At home, attach rolled pieces of masking tape to the backsides of the leaves and arrange them on the window in the way you want them to appear in stenciled form.
- Make sure the leaves lay flat against the glass.
- Dip small pieces of sponge clipped onto clothespins into liquid tempera paints in fall colors.
- Blot on newspaper to absorb excess paint, then lightly dab the sponge around the edge of each leaf.
- Use a new piece of sponge for each color.
- When the paint is dry, carefully remove the leaves, leaving the outlines on the window.
- The leaf patterns can be easily removed with window cleaner.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright Â© 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.