Paper Towel Art
- Paper towel
- Bowls of diluted food coloring or strong watercolors
- Have your child fold a piece of paper towel into a fairly small packet.
- Have her dip each corner of the packet into a bowl of colored dye (diluted food coloring or strong watercolors).
- Use a different color for each corner.
- Unfold the paper towel and hang to dry.
- You can use various types of paper; the more absorbent the paper, the faster the dye will spread.
- Dipped rice paper makes a nice gift wrap, but it is fairly expensive.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.