A handprint makes this heart necklace special to you and your preschool child.Materials
- Plain or construction paper
- Tempera paints, liquid
- Hole punch
- Photo of your child (optional)
- Glue (optional)
- Cut a heart shape as large as your child's hand out of plain or construction paper.
- Dip his hand in liquid tempera paint and press it on the paper.
- When the paint is dry, punch a hole in the top of the heart, and string yarn through it to make a necklace.
- Write a Valentine's Day message on it, and glue a picture of your child on the other side, if you wish.
- Send or give the heart necklace to a special friend or relative.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.