- Very large sheet of newsprint or other paper
- Markers, crayons, or paint
- Have your child lie down on the floor on the paper.
- Trace around her, then let her fill in the details with markers, crayons, or paint.
- Tell her to be as detailed as possible: What is her hair like? What color are her eyes? What clothes is she wearing?
- When finished, hang her portrait in her room or on her door where she can admire it.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright © 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.