Here's a way to display your child's artwork on the refrigerator without having to cover it up with magnets to keep it there!
- Wooden ruler (12-, 18-, or 24-inch)
- Magnet strip (same length as ruler)
- Glue gun
- Clothespins, spring-type (at least 2)
- Glue the magnetic strip to the back of the wooden ruler.
- Glue spring-type clothespins to the front of the ruler so that the pins open downward. Use two clothespins for a 12-inch ruler, placing one at each end. You may want to use three or four clothespins for a longer ruler.
- Write your child's name with marker or glitter on the front of the ruler, or let your child decorate the ruler and clothespins with paint, glitter, pasta, and so on.
- When dry, place the ruler on the refrigerator and clip your child's artwork with the clothespins.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.