- Plastic or glass bowl
- Eight single sheets of newspaper
- Large container full of warm water
- Liquid tempera, acrylic, or spray paint
- Shellac or clear acrylic spray
- Turn the bowl upside down on a flat surface.
- Place a sheet of newspaper in a large container of warm water.
- When the newspaper is soaked, remove it from the water and lay it over the bowl. Shape it firmly to the bowl and press it firmly along the rim of the bowl.
- Repeat the procedure described above with the remaining sheets of newspaper, being sure to alternate the direction of the paper for each layer.
- Let the newspaper dry.
- When the newspaper is dry, it will lift off the bowl easily and retain its shape.
- Lift the newspaper bowl and trim its edges with scissors.
- Let your child paint the paper bowl.
- Finish the bowl with a coat of shellac or clear acrylic spray.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.