Popsicle Stick Sign
- Craft glue or glue gun
- 3-by-8-inch piece of cardboard
- 24 Popsicle sticks
- Acrylic paints
- Clear acrylic spray
- Tape and string or wire (optional)
- Magnetic strip (optional)
- Help your child spread glue over the cardboard and arrange the Popsicle sticks side by side across the length of the cardboard.
- Press the sticks down firmly, then let the glue dry.
- Have your child paint the Popsicle sticks to create whatever kind of sign he wants.
- He may want a sign that he can hang on his bedroom door (for example, "Joshua's Room") or he may want to display a motto or phrase he likes (for example, "I love hockey!").
- Let the paint dry, then spray the sign with clear acrylic spray.
- If you like, tape string or wire to the back of the sign so that it can be hung on a door or wall. If it will be hung on a metal surface like a refrigerator, glue a magnetic strip onto the back of the sign.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.