- Large baking potato
- Scrub brush
- Play dough or clay, felt scraps, buttons, raisins, miniature marshmallows, toothpicks, yarn or old plastic scouring pad, fabric or ribbon scraps
- Clean the potato well with a scrub brush. Give your child an assortment of items with which to decorate her potato.
- She can make facial features from play dough or clay, felt scraps, buttons, raisins, or miniature marshmallows and attach them with short toothpick pieces.
- She can use yarn or an old plastic scouring pad for hair and use fabric or ribbon scraps for a collar or hair decoration.
- If you like, have each family member create her own potato head.
- Photograph the potato head family before they become dinner.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.