- Utility knife
- Shoebox with lid
- Paint, markers, stickers, Tape and so on
- Use a utility knife to cut a slot in the lid of the shoebox.
- Let your child decorate the box with paint, markers, stickers, and so on.
- Attach a pencil to the box with string and a bit of tape.
- Place a notepad next to the box.
- Use the box to praise and encourage everyone in your family. When you see your child playing nicely, write it down and slip the note into your praise box. When your child is especially kind, respectful, or obedient, do the same. Explain to your child that parents need encouragement as much as kids do, and that she's welcome to write positive comments about you to put into the praise box.
- Open your praise box once a week or once every two weeks and take turns reading the notes in it.
- Afterward, celebrate your family by having a night of games or special snack together.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.