- 15 to 20 minutes
- Felt pen
- This activity is always a hit, but when you include family members, the learning is extended automatically. Help your child trace around one hand with the felt pen.
- Do the same for the other family members.
- Talk about the results.
- Help your child draw around a favorite toy, doll, or stuffed animal. Was it difficult or easy to do?
- Help your child trace around a fruit or vegetable and talk about what it looks like. Cut the fruit or vegetable in half and talk about why that makes it easier.
- Go outside together and find things to collect and trace around.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.