- Construction paper
- Tempera paint, liquid
- Hot iron
- Have your child completely color a piece of construction paper with crayons.
- Show her how to crumple the paper carefully into a tight ball, then gently unfold the picture and notice how the surface has cracked.
- Brush contrasting liquid tempera paint over the paper to create a mosaic effect.
- When the picture dries, place it on a sheet of newspaper and cover it with a piece of thin paper.
- Using a patting motion, iron the paper with a hot iron to smooth the wrinkles and to transfer the original image to the blank paper.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright Â© 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.