Homemade Rainbow Crayons
Melt a few broken crayons into a film canister, and you will end up with a crayon rainbow of layered colors.
These crayons are beautiful and easy for little hands to hold!
- Broken crayon pieces
- Clean, empty tin cans
- Pot of hot water
- Empty plastic film canisters
- This is a great way to use broken crayons. Remove any paper from the crayons and sort them by color.
- Place the pieces, one color at a time, in the empty tin cans.
- Set the tin cans in a pot of very hot or boiling water until the crayons have melted.
- Pour a small amount (approximately a quarter inch) into each film canister.
- When the wax hardens, add a second color in the same way. When you're done, you will have a crayon rainbow of layered colors.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright ÃÂ© 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.